Call for Papers:
Microscopy imaging plays an important role in biomedical research as it provides phenotype information including morphology and cell/molecule distributions.
With the development of novel and high-throughput imaging technology, automatic microscopic image analysis becomes a critical component in large scale systems
biology research with many applications such as neuroscience, developmental biology, drug screening and bioinformatics. These applications pose many new challenges
in algorithm development, data management, high performance computing, image-based retrieval, bioinformatics and systems biology. The goal for this workshop is to
present a venue for researchers in this area to exchange ideas and report progresses in algorithms development, bioimage informatics systems, and high impact
applications. The topics include, but are not limited to:
- Image analysis algorithms for microscopy imaging
- Bioimage informatics systems for microscopy imaging
- Integration of microscopy images with other types of biomedical data including genomic data and ontologies
- Computational systems biology with microscopy imaging
- Biomedical applications with quantitative microscopy imaging
- Cell tracking and analysis of cell population dynamics
- New and emerging high resolution imaging technology with applications in biomedicine
- Data visualization methods and tools for large biomedical image datasets
We invite you to submit papers with original research describing recent advances on the areas related to this workshop. All papers will undergo peer review by the conference program committee. Papers should not exceed 10 pages in ACM template on 8.5 x 11 inch paper (see ACM templates).
The workshop will be held in Chicago, Il in the same location
as the ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedicine 2011 2011 conference.
Submission of full papers which will be published in the ACM BCB has not past.
Submission of short papers (up to four pages) is still open. These will be published on the miaab web site.
Abstract Submission: June 6 2011
Notification of Acceptance: Jun 20 2011
Instructions for paper submission can be found here./p>